Ackland Legacy Society
Planned Giving provides donors the opportunity to leave a legacy at the Ackland Art Museum. In fact, the Museum was founded with funds from the generous bequest of William Hayes Ackland. For more than fifty years, friends of the University and the Ackland have supported our mission by remembering the Museum in their personal estate plans. With lasting benefit for the Ackland, these gifts may also help donors reduce income or estate taxes. Gift plans help individuals and families accomplish their personal and charitable goals.
The University’s Office of Gift Planning is available to assist you in creating your legacy by:
* Providing gift plans that benefit you, your family, and the University;
* Identifying immediate and deferred tax advantages to both you and your heirs; and
* Helping you create a meaningful impact at the Ackland and across campus.
Their professional staff can offer help in a variety of ways to:
* Increase your income and save on taxes;
* Make a gift through your will or living trust; and
* Utilize highly-taxed retirement plan assets to make a gift.
The Ackland would be happy to assist you in arranging a meeting time with the Office of Gift Planning. For more information, or to arrange an informational meeting, please contact Amanda M. Hughes, director of external affairs, at 919.843.3592 or email@example.com