About Our Tours
At the Ackland, we design immersive and engaging guided experiences with art from our exhibitions and collection, in addition to thematic tours. Tours are always planned with your grade level and learning goals in mind and help students “look close and think far.”
A few practical details:
- Tours and admission to the Museum are FREE
- Guided and self-guided tours occur Wednesday through Friday between 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. They are typically one hour in length
- Masks are optional inside the Ackland
- Larger guided groups are divided into smaller groups of 15 students
- Each group requires one chaperone for every 15 students
- Hand-sanitizing stations are available at multiple locations throughout the museum
- Funding for transportation and substitute teacher expenses are available
- We offer tools to make planning your visit easy:
Tools for making your visit more meaningful:
Browse the list of tours described below. As you review them, explore the related Pre/Post Visit Materials to use in your classroom before and after a Museum visit.
Spend More Time on Campus
Make the most of your time on campus by combining your Ackland experience with a visit to the Morehead Planetarium & Science Center, North Carolina Botanical Garden, or North Carolina Collection Gallery at Wilson Library.
We can’t wait to see you at the Ackland!
Schedule Your Visit