Friends of the ackland
Membership is an ideal way to support exhibitions and programs and participate in the rich offerings of the Ackland. Member events are an excellent way to meet new and long-standing friends of the Museum who share your commitment to arts in our community.
Questions about membership? Please call Mary Gard, Director of External Affairs, at 919.843.3592.
All Members receive the following benefits:
- Ackland eNews every other week with Member-specific content
- 10% discount ongoing at the Museum Store
- Free or reduced admission to Museum paid programs
- Invitations to member-only exhibition previews, events, and Ackland Travel Committee trips
- Gifts of $2,000 or more are recognized by membership in the UNC-Chapel Hill Chancellor’s Club
UNC Student Member ($15) receives:
- Invitation to exclusive student events.
Artist & Educator ($30) receives:
- All benefits of an Individual Membership.
Individual Member ($50) receives:
- Basic membership privileges as listed above.
Household Member ($75) receives:
- Basic membership privileges as listed above for two individuals.
Contributor ($125) also receives:
- First opportunity to RSVP for Ackland Travel Committee trips
- Enrollment in the North American Reciprocal Membership Benefits Program that includes more than 970 museums in the U.S. and Canada.
Patron ($250) also receives:
- Members Shopping Pass, a 20% coupon for one day of shopping per year (must redeem in the store, non-transferable).
Benefactor ($500) also receives:
- Invitation to an annual Insider’s evening.
Sponsor ($1,000) also receives:
- One free Museum publication.
Leadership ($2,500 and above) also receives:
- Enhanced membership opportunities with unprecedented access to the director.